Saturday, October 8, 2011

First Day of School - New Beginnings

This started a new beginning for the boys in our home. Keston started high school and Chad started middle school. Keston has Tylissa to show him around the high school but Chad, for the first time, is on his own. It was a hard beginning. Chad was not registered for classes and he was a little anxious and worried, but we got it taken care of the day before school started and he was able to walk around and find his classes. That calmed him down and he was ready to go.


Maggie looks relieved that she finally gets the house to herself again.


I love this girl so much! She is who she is and she doesn't care what anyone else thinks. She actually started school the day after Keston and Chad and so far is having a wonderful Junior year. Her first class of the day is composition and every Monday is free reading . . . real tough. However her last classes of the day are Math and Spanish (ugh!) - she has given us the forewarning that she will be grumpy when she gets home.


Keston as the serious Freshman and then I told him to smile. He is doing great and joined the crosscountry team . . . more on that in later blogs. I am having a hard time with his high school attitude, it's just not cool to talk to your parents anymore. Keston also started seminary and I'm not sure if he likes the class or just his classmates . . .



And the baby . . . off on his own to ride the bus for the first time to middle school. He is having the time of his life and his favorite class is choir. Whenever I ask how his day was the only class he tells me about is choir, so I hope he goes to his other classes.

It has been a busy fall with xcountry and football but things are going to be winding down in the next couple of weeks. I have lots of pictures to share, homecoming, marching band, football, xcountry . . . stay tuned.

1 comment:

Ken Doig Family said...

I'm glad I'm invited! When I show up I'm lookin for the party!!!