Thursday, December 10, 2009

Beautiful Sunny Day

It has been the most gorgeous week. The sun is shining, a light frost covers the ground and makes everything sparkly. Oh, it was -10 degrees on Tuesday, 0 degrees yesterday, and this morning it is a beautiful 10 degrees. Amazing what 20 degrees will do - I may still have ears!

Our furnace went on strike briefly Tuesday - it was over worked and underpaid. With a little love and affection we kept it working but the house was a brisk 60 degrees before we got it running smoothly. I basically parked my hiney on the heat vent and the kids couldn't figure out why the house wasn't warming up faster.

Chilly chilly chilly - but I love dressing in the layers (a big cheer for long underwear). Why I'm not sure but I enjoy the gloves, hats, scarves - as long as I don't have to be out in the cold for extended periods of time (5 minutes tops). Poor Keston is freezing at the bus stop every morning.

Hopefully it will warm up enough to snow. Yep we have a skiff and that is all. The brown grass can still been seen. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas . . .

No comments: