Thursday, December 26, 2013

College Life

Well we moved Tylissa to Missoula the end of August.  My coworker moved her daughter to MSU earlier in the week and it was horrible so I had planned for the worst.  Tylissa and I got up somewhat early for a Saturday and headed down.  We got to the dorms about 10 ish and immediately checked in, got her room assignment and keys.  Everything went smoothly, we did not have the snags, long lines, or crazy people that I was planning for.  We did have exhausted legs and tired arms from the multiple trips up four flights of stairs.  Our game plan was to unload, move the car so other could use the space, then hurry and get books, and then come back to the dorm to unpack.  It took us a whopping 15 minutes to get all her books.  In fact we had unloaded and books bought and mostly unpacked in less than two hours.  We ran to the store to pick up some groceries and a couple of things we didn't think about then took it easy for a bit. 

Here she is in her dorm getting things situated.  The two pictures is her whole space and her roommate has the exact same on the other side.  It is amazing what they can fit into that small space.  

I hung around until her roommate came.  She has a fantastic roommate, Hannah, who is also the only girl in her family and she has two older brothers.  The girls are both home bodies and go to bed early and then watch movies on their computers. 

College has been quite the experience.  Tylissa had a very rough start with the first couple of months bringing a lot of phone calls and many tears.  Once she got into a groove things started to settle down and she was able to finish her first semester.  She has been working for the food services and seems to enjoy it.  I have heard she is a good, hard worker.  Unfortunately she works every weekend so she is not able to come home but she is really going to enjoy her winter break.

It helped that we were able to see her every month.  Keston had a cross country meet in September.  We went down for family weekend in October.  We told Tylissa that we would be coming down on Friday but we hurried down Thursday after work and surprised her after Institute.

This was the moon coming up over the mountains.  Wow!

Friday we met up with Tylissa in between her classes and for lunch.  We did some of the tours and then hit the Food Zoo for dinner while Tylissa worked. We went on a athletic tour and got to go down on the football field.

A little parkour on the field from Keston.  

Saturday was the family breakfast.  Monte came through the crowds.   Then we headed to the game.  It was a great game and UM pulled it out from behind to tie in the last seconds of the game and then win it in overtime.  Tylissa had to leave the game early to head to work but we stopped in to say goodbye before we left.

Hanging out in her dorm.  

Keston testing out college life.  

No comments: