Friday, January 2, 2009

It Snowed . . . a lot!







The first jump - feet first and he sank.




Being the party animals that we are; we were up at D and J's until after midnight and there was some snow in the drive way but when we went out to shovel around noon today we realized just how much snow came overnight. It is up to my waist in the yard. The piles of snow from the driveway are taller than me (okay so that is not hard to beat but when I'm the one throwing the snow up there it is a long way up). The boys were jumping off the porch railing into the snow. I even jumped off the back of the truck into the snow and was buried. It was fun until hours later when the driveway still wasn't cleared. It was a fun time. The kids put on snowshoes to walk around the yard. I was on top of the truck pushing snow off. I still love all the snow but ask me in another month and the answer will probably be different, especially when vacation is over and we have to be somewhere.


Before the jump!



After the jump!



I jumped off the back of the truck.

1 comment:

The Doig family said...

Wow! I almost seems like you've had more snow than us, and that's an accomplishment. I just spent the past 1 1/2 hrs out shovelling, but its a bit cold to consider playing in the snow here today. Looks like you had lots of fun!